Monday, June 1, 2015

Making Mondays Easy: The Suit

I hope you all had a great weekend! Mondays are usually rough for me, so I try to make getting ready easy on myself in the morning.  Since I tend to pick out my clothes for work the night before, Sundays almost always default to a suit.  While I normally wear suits to work out of necessity, I also find that they are often the easiest outfit to put together and will generally leave you feeling polished without much effort.

My go-to suit (I have it in both navy and black, but I find that the navy fits me better for some reason) is the Banana Republic Lightweight Wool Suit.  Not only does it fit well without being bulky, but it's comfortable (#1 priority for me when purchasing a suit) and flattering.  I really dislike button-ups, so I tend to wear sleeveless shirts (spring/summer) or v-neck tees (fall/winter) with my suits - some of my favorites are pictured below.  I also find I can make this suit feel more dressed up if I pair it with pearls (court appearances, client meetings, etc.) or I can dress it down with silver or more casual jewelry (office meetings, meeting with a partner, reviews, etc.).

I'd love to hear reviews of your favorite suits too!

Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Jen

The Versatile Suit


No comments:

Post a Comment