Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Flare

Happy Friday everyone! I'm hoping to get some condo stuff done this weekend (maybe unpack those last few boxes that just don't seem to have a place . . .) but I'd also love to savor the last few weeks of summer by grabbing some drinks or dinner el fresco.  The weather the past two days in Chicago has been lovely -- low humidity, temps in the 70s and partly cloudy! If this weather sticks around this weekend, I'm hoping to try out the new pair of flares I just bought today from Loft in the first picture below.

I was surprised to see that flares were on trend for fall but I must say that I'm really loving some of the options out there.  Being petite makes flares a little difficult because (1) flares tend to be longer in general than other jeans and (2) the flare doesn't necessarily do much to elongate short legs. However, if you find the right pair, the flare can actually do a lot to make you look taller especially if worn with a wedge or heel.  My friend Paige and I were debating today whether flares look odd if worn with flats.  In my opinion, it depends on the size of the flare (less flare, better with flats) and also on your height (the taller you are, more likely that flares with flats will work for you). As you can see from the pictures before, flares with flats can definitely work, but I think I'll stick with wedges for my flares.  What do you all think about flares with flats?

Below are some of my favorite flares for fall.  I prefer a middle flare versus the very wide flare. 




I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

xo, Jen




1 comment:

  1. Hi Lily, This is nice collection of jeans pants. I like your collection. You have choose the best fitting jeans. I love to wear jeans. You may get something new at Boutiqueken.

    ReplyDelete